We believe Jesus Christ is Who He claims to be in Scripture:
- God incarnate;
- the only begotten Son of God the Father (Jn 3.16);
- the only way of salvation.
We're members of a Presbyterian church of the Presbyterian Church of America (PCA). The PCA embraces the Reformed faith. Calvin is cool.
- total depravity On our own, we humans are completely incapable of reaching out to God. We're at total enmity with Him. Rom 3.10-23
- unconditional election by the grace of God There's nothing in and of ourselves for which God would save us. The living God saves who He will out of His mere good pleasure. Eph 1.4-5
- particular atonement God in His infinite mercy, in order to accomplish His planned redemption, sent His own Son, Jesus Christ, to die as a substitute for the sins of His people. Rom 8.29-30
- the irresistible grace of God This is the work of the Holy Spirit effectively moving in a particular person whom He has called, applying the work of redemption. Jn 3.5-6
- perseverance of the saints This is God’s gracious work of sanctification whereby He enables a saved person to persevere, to hang tough, to the end. While the process of sanctification is not complete in this life, from God’s perspective it's as good as accomplished. Rom 8.30, 38-39; Phil 1.6